Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farewell to Raven
Poor David. I hope he feels better. It's hard to lose a good buddy that's for sure. I'm glad he has Jenna to be with him.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
They are both very quiet. I think Jenna  liked Raven. They both seem to miss her.

I let them know I am there and I respect their need for privacy. When they are ready they will come out and be seen again. David is a very outgoing snake. 

Everything needs time to grieve.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes they do need time to grieve. Are they eating? What kinds of food do snakes eat?

Snakes eat mice(I use frozen mice that were raised as food). It is not unusual for snakes to miss meals. Jenna ate, but David didn't.  They only eat once a week anyhow.

Today Jenna was looking out of the house when I spoke to them. I think she will come out soon. It is good that she is keeping David company. He knows I am there because I am talking to him. He just needs more time. He was very close to Raven

Missing a meal or two won't hurt a healthy snake like David. I know he will be alright. He will probably father children with Jenna this spring. Life moves on.
Catherine

Yes, it takes time for any being to grieve losses. It's a part of our make up.

Jenna is definitely starting to respond to me. David will come round soon enough. They are also quiet because it is cold and stormy outside. 

It was always sad when the dwarf hamsters grieved. They would sometimes die. Many times a male would lose his young mate and he would stare into space and just stop living. They were deeply bonded. For an animal with an 18-24 month lifespan that is remarkable.
Catherine

I'm glad Jenna is responding to you and I'm sure David will start again.

I had hamsters and they sure do have a short lifespan. That is why I stopped getting them. My hamsters had to be in separate "hotels" because they started fighting viciously when full grown. I have had 3 hamsters as an adult and our family had many hamsters when I was growing up. I like them a lot.

David put his nose out of his house and looked at me when I talked to him. I think he will eat when I feed everyone on Sunday.
It has taken time, but he will be okay. Jenna has stayed with him all week. She is such a lovely female, very much like her father even though she looks like her mother.
Catherine

That's great David is coming around. I hope he will want some food when you feed them all.

David is starting to respond when I talk to him. He is going to be alright. 
I am relieved. I didn't like to see him sad like that. 

I may give him another female so they can be a small family again. Corn snakes seem to like living in groups.
Catherine