Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farewell to Raven
That sounds real yummy. I like wine vinegar and love Balsamic vinegar!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I never thought about grating carrots and apples together. I have never bought celery root. I wonder what else you can do with it. With summer coming (eventually) we will want lots of salad options. Of course there is an ice rain outside right now so summer seems very far away. Smiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I have grated carrots that were grated before I got them. I need to buy a grater. I don't know what happened to mine. It's already Spring and Summer will be here in no time. I don't know what celery root is.

I am not sure what celery root is either. Smiley4

It is this big root thing that some stores sell. My neighbours showed one to me, but I haven't looked for one in the store.  It was tasty mixed with the other stuff, but I don't know if it has other uses.

I think my food processor will grate carrots. I haven't tried it yet.

Unless you plan to grate a lot, a little hand grater would do.
Catherine

Yes, a hand grater will do. I like to grate cheese and other things.

I have a "stick" blender with the processor attachment. I toss a little cheese into the container, run the little blender and I have grated, or at least crumbled cheese in seconds.  I bet it would work on carrots, but it might produce carrot confetti rather than thin sheds.

I would recommend a "stick" blender. They are not fancy or expensive, but they are really useful.
Catherine

I've never heard of a stick blender. I have a Ninja blender, though.

I have never heard of a Ninja blender.  I just looked it up and it looks like a good product.  Stick blenders are also called hand blenders. They are smaller and good for little jobs. I use mine for lots of things. It will smooth out a sauce or soup and it does grate cheese very quickly. It is easy to clean too.

I need a proper blender again. I like the food processor, but it is not good for a larger volume of liquids.  It is on my shopping list, but not as a rush purchase. I can wait for a good sale.
Catherine

Okay, then I have a stick blender just didn't know what is was called. I haven't used it much.

I use my stick blender a lot. Of course I have the attachments that allow it to work as a mini food processor or a special mini blender. It will froth ordinary milk up so that it tastes like cream. It probably would do whipped cream, but it would be easy to go to far and turn it into butter.

I like having the right tools for the job when it comes to cooking.
Catherine