Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Crazy Laws! lol
Those new ones you wrote Catherine -just about cracked me up! 79
It is cracking me up too.

Indianna: This is a fairly strange place, I wouldn't want to live there and some months I wouldn't want to visit.

Baths may not be taken between the months of October and March I hope they at least let people shower during those months. Perhaps they can eat an orange while they do it  or ride a camel.

Beech Grove: It is forbidden to eat watermelon in the park. What about if you ride a giraffe while you eat the water mellon. Can you eat it then?

Elkhart: It is illegal for barbers to threaten to cut off kid's ears.  They have to have a law to prevent this? I think I would go to another barber, preferably in another state.

Fort Wayne: You may not sell or play on a radio broadcast, the record "It's In the Book". I have never heard of this record, but then neither has anyone in Indiana.

In Indiana it is illegal to sell laughing gas with the intent to induce laughter. They want laughing gas that makes you cry? Maybe be they should stop calling it laughing gas. People are a little confused by that.

In South Bend, Indiana, it is illegal to make a monkey smoke a cigarette.I don't know how you can make a monkey do anything and I didn't think there were a lot of monkeys roaming around Indiana.  Not enough to warrant a law anyhow.

No one may catch a fish with his bare hands. I would like to see someone try. How many people actually managed to catch a fish barehanded? Enough to warrant a law? People in Indiana are very fast if the can catch a fish like that. 

Pedestrians crossing the highway at night are prohibited from wearing tail lights
Are they allowed to wear turn signals? What about break lights?  Actually I have never seen any pedestrian anywhere wearing a tail light. I have never seen a tail light for a pedestrian.

The value of Pi is 4, and not 3.1415
This takes the prize! Pi is a constant and everywhere on the planet it is 3.1415..
Indiana declares that it is 4.0 and the rest of the planet will conform along with the physical world. I wonder if they can change the value of gravity and maybe make the day longer. Declare the day to be 25 hours long, I could use the extra hour.

Who thinks these laws up and why?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(04-01-2016, 05:44 PM)Catherine Wrote: It is cracking me up too.

Indianna: This is a fairly strange place, I wouldn't want to live there and some months I wouldn't want to visit.

Baths may not be taken between the months of October and March I hope they at least let people shower during those months. Perhaps they can eat an orange while they do it  or ride a camel.

Beech Grove: It is forbidden to eat watermelon in the park. What about if you ride a giraffe while you eat the water mellon. Can you eat it then?

Elkhart: It is illegal for barbers to threaten to cut off kid's ears.  They have to have a law to prevent this? I think I would go to another barber, preferably in another state.

Fort Wayne: You may not sell or play on a radio broadcast, the record "It's In the Book". I have never heard of this record, but then neither has anyone in Indiana.

In Indiana it is illegal to sell laughing gas with the intent to induce laughter. They want laughing gas that makes you cry? Maybe be they should stop calling it laughing gas. People are a little confused by that.

In South Bend, Indiana, it is illegal to make a monkey smoke a cigarette.I don't know how you can make a monkey do anything and I didn't think there were a lot of monkeys roaming around Indiana.  Not enough to warrant a law anyhow.

No one may catch a fish with his bare hands. I would like to see someone try. How many people actually managed to catch a fish barehanded? Enough to warrant a law? People in Indiana are very fast if the can catch a fish like that. 

Pedestrians crossing the highway at night are prohibited from wearing tail lights
Are they allowed to wear turn signals? What about break lights?  Actually I have never seen any pedestrian anywhere wearing a tail light. I have never seen a tail light for a pedestrian.

This takes the prize! Pi is a constant and everywhere on the planet it is 3.1415..
Indiana declares that it is 4.0 and the rest of the planet will conform along with the physical world. I wonder if they can change the value of gravity and maybe make the day longer. Declare the day to be 25 hours long, I could use the extra hour.

Who thinks these laws up and why?

That's to boost deodorant sales! Smiley4

Yikes!! If I were a kid in Eikhart I think I would grow my hair long....or pay the bus fare to have my hair cut in another state! If barbers need laws to stop them cutting kids' ears off....it just shows me how close to it they are! Smiley4

Who needs laughing gas with laws like these?

Some pedestrians don't have tails....the ones who do, wouldn't be seen dead with lights on them...so I guess we are okay there....

Any geometrical form dependent on circles, spheres or ellipses created in Indiana must look very freaking weird then! I am very grateful that I don't drive a car there....ride a bike, or push a wheelbarrow. It could get bumpy! Smiley4

Smiley4 Good replies. I hadn't thought over the consequences of changing the value of Pi.
They have a little problem with reality in Indiana. Some of the laws are silly, but they actually think they can change a mathematical constant by declaring it a law. 
I wonder if they realize that the earth isn't flat.

Iowa: I think Iowa is good for a laugh or two.

Horses are forbidden to eat fire hydrants in Marshalltown, Iowa.
I am wondering if this is a problem there after all they have a law against it. What could you make a fire hydrant out of that a horse could eat anyhow?

If a law enforcement officer is having a drink in a bar in Iowa and an employee pours water down the drain, the water is legally considered an alcohol beverage intended for unlawful purposes.
Are you able to  make any sense out of this at all?

In Fort Madison the fire department is required to practice fire fighting for fifteen minutes before attending a fire.
No wonder their horses eat fire hydrants. They don't seem to have too good a grasp of what a fire is like. Maybe you would be better off if they didn't show up at all.

Indianola: The "Ice Cream Man" and his truck are banned.
Why?
One-armed piano players must perform for free.
If a one armed guy can play well enough that you want to pay him, he should get paid double.

After all the law makers probably got paid and they seem to have been working with just half a brain.

Kansas  I do believe that Kansas takes the prize for silly

If two trains meet on the same track, neither shall proceed until the other has passed.
This could explain why trains are always late.

In Kansas City, KS, saying the name "George Washington" without adding the phrase "blessed be his name," can land you with a fine of up to fifty cents.
I think I will risk the 50 cent fine. It would be worth it.

In Natoma, Kansas, it's illegal to throw knives at men wearing striped suites.
Does that mean it is legal to throw knives at men wearing checkered suits?

In Wichita, at the intersection of Douglas and Broadway, all motorists are required to stop at the intersection, exit their vehicles, and fire three shotgun rounds, before continuing on their way.
During rush hour it could be noisy and more than a little dangerous. I am not sure I want any of these people to have guns.

It is illegal to catch bullfrogs in a tomato patch.
Do they have a lot of bullfrogs in tomato patches and why would you hunt a bullfrog anyhow?

It is illegal to hunt whales.
Not only is it illegal, it is impossible. I am wondering if the law makers have ever looked at a map and realize that Kansas is not only land locked, it is a long way from the ocean.

It is illegal to put ice cream on cherry pie in Kansas
I wonder if it would be okay if you used cherry ice-cream? What about other kinds of pie. Can you put ice-cream on apple pie?  At least they didn't ban ice-cream trucks.

Kansas state law requires pedestrians crossing the highways at night to wear tail lights.
Have you ever seem a pedestrian tail light, legal, illegal or otherwise?

No one may wear a bee in their hat
Why would you want to.

Minors in Kansas City, Missouri, are not allowed to purchase cap pistols; they may buy shotguns freely, however.
This is disturbing. Would you want a bunch of kids who are not able to handle a cap pistol to have a shot gun instead?  Of course they may need the shot gun to get through the intersection of Douglas and Broadway.

Rabbits may not be shot from motorboats.
Can they be shot from a canoe or a row boat? Do they actually have rabbits out on the lake to shoot at anyhow?

The state game rule prohibits the use of mules to hunt ducks
I did not know that mules hunted ducks or anything else. Mules are not quiet animals so the ducks would hear them coming.
Mules wouldn't be successful hunters. They would stop to graze since they don't eat meat and would have little interest in duck hunting.  Maybe there are some "mules" in the legislature making these laws.

Topeka: The installation of bathtubs is prohibited.
During the hot summer months this would not be a good place to visit. Not only would your hotel lack a bath tub, the whole place probably smells a little rank.

I think I will pass on a trip to Kansas. I don't own pedestrian tail lights and who wants to go somewhere that has motorists and children with shotguns, no bath tubs and trains that don't pass each other.
One plus is that they don't allow whale hunting, but none of the prairie states has much of a whale hunting problem
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine