Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catherine on Vacation
Congratulations to your daughter and her husband tofino! It sounds as if it was a lovely wedding.

Little Cuddles being a Mama....awww! And little "Reece's Pieces" (reminding me now of peanut butter cups! LOL Smiley4 ) I bet they were lovely little pups.
They were the cutest puppies. I got to see them when they were little.

There is something special about holding a tiny baby and then one day being there to watch her get married. It is hard to believe that much time has passed.

It is hard to believe that it is almost 3 years since we founded the forum.
Where does time go.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

At least you can now go away for a few days and know that forum software (and fellow admins) can keep your "baby" safe. The old forum, although it held happy memories for most of us, was a headache as far as spammers are concerned. But now, whether vacation or staycation, your baby will not suffer when you are away from the computer. Plus, the new baby is no longer a baby - it is a toddler, LOL!
You are right LPC, I know if I am away or sick that the rest of you will keep watch and I know our software gives us basic protection.

I remember that old software, but I don't miss it. We have formed enough new memories on ALWF that I don't think about what we lost. We have our own history now.
I like the image of the Forum being a toddler, not a baby. It has grown and changed. We have added to it and developed our own focus. We are very different from the original forum as it was founded. We look at current issues and discuss them, and we take animals rights and ecology seriously.  Yet we still stop and look at each others pet pictures. I think it is a nice balance between being personal and being aware of the bigger picture. It will be interesting to see where we are a few years from now.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine