Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Christmas!
(12-26-2016, 05:03 PM)Catherine Wrote: Merry Christmas Ruth. Christmas greetings to Suzy, Danny and Allison.

Lucky Suzy. I am sure everything tastes better in a crystal bowl.

I hope you are having a peaceful and happy holiday.

Thank you Catherine.  I hope your Christmas was nice and all your pets enjoyed it, too.  My holiday was peaceful at my brother's house.  I just put water in her crystal bowl.  She likes it.  Smile

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I missed this thread I'll wish everyone a Happy New Year.
Happy Christmas Season Catslave. I hope it has been restful for you.

I am glad you had a nice Christmas Ruth. I am sure Suzy's water will taste better in a crystal bowl. Crystal is elegant and it will look more appealing.

I think we are all looking forward to this year being over. It has been a tough year for losing stars and musicians.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(12-28-2016, 04:11 PM)Catherine Wrote: Happy Christmas Season Catslave. I hope it has been restful for you.

I am glad you had a nice Christmas Ruth. I am sure Suzy's water will taste better in a crystal bowl. Crystal is elegant and it will look more appealing.

I think we are all looking forward to this year being over. It has been a tough year for losing stars and musicians.

Yes, it has been hard for losing famous people and loved ones, too.  My cousin died last week and I went to the wake.  He had ALS.  I didn't know much about the illness but since have heard that it is brutal and a death sentence once you get it.  He is RIP now, though. 

Just heard Debby Reynolds passed right after her daughter the day before, wow.

Suzy does like her new crystal bowl!

Smile 
(12-28-2016, 03:57 PM)Catslave Wrote: I missed this thread I'll wish everyone a Happy New Year.

A most Happy New Year to you too Catslave!  I hope 2017 is your best one yet!

It seems 2016 isn't finished with us yet. In the last days of the year we are still losing people.

ALS is pretty bad. They are working very hard to find a way to treat it, but it will be years before lives are saved. It is not an easy way to die. It must almost be a relief for everyone that your cousin is gone.

Right now we are saying good bye to 2016.

We can cheer on 2017 when it arrives.

With three days left, what more can 2016 do?
Catherine

(12-29-2016, 04:14 PM)Catherine Wrote: It seems 2016 isn't finished with us yet. In the last days of the year we are still losing people.

ALS is pretty bad. They are working very hard to find a way to treat it, but it will be years before lives are saved. It is not an easy way to die. It must almost be a relief for everyone that your cousin is gone.

Right now we are saying good bye to 2016.

We can cheer on 2017 when it arrives.

With three days left, what more can 2016 do?

Actually it is very sad that my cousin is gone as many have said and especially at Christmas time.  He was a very sweet, kind, loving man who was always smiling.  His wife was beside herself.  He was only 67 years old.  I'm sure she misses him very much. Smiley19

I am sorry to hear about your cousin, Ruth, and sorry he was so terribly ill.
You are right....he is in peace now and no longer in any pain. I wish him blessings.

It seems Carrie Fisher had an incredibly strong bond with her mother. That happened with my grandparents (father's side) They passed away within one day of each other.

I will tell you a little story about my parents. My Dad passed in 1999. My mother soldiered on, but was never terribly well, and got dementia on top of other things in her late 80s. Towards the end of her life she was in a hospice. She did not know night from day, couldn't remember my Dad, or ever having been married, or what his name was.
Well when I visited her one day she said, "Your Dad (and she said his name) came to see me last night. He sat on my bed and said, 'Come on, why don't you come with me now?' ....and I laughed and said 'No not right now, but I won't be long. I've got something to do first'. Then he told me that was okay, and he was waiting for me, and then he slowly went away again."
Two minutes after telling me that she was back to her usual state of mind and couldn't remember one thing.
She passed away about 2 weeks later.
Quote:Actually it is very sad that my cousin is gone as many have said and especially at Christmas time.  He was a very sweet, kind, loving man who was always smiling.  His wife was beside herself.  He was only 67 years old.  I'm sure she misses him very much. [Image: smiley19.gif]
This is a very hard time to lose a loved one. It doesn't make it easier that they knew he was dying. It must be very hard for the widow. She had to be there for him as he was failing and now she has to carry on without him. ALS is a heartbreaking disease.
I hope she has lots of family support to get her through this difficult time.

Quote:It seems Carrie Fisher had an incredibly strong bond with her mother. That happened with my grandparents (father's side) They passed away within one day of each other.
We can't see them, but some bonds are very strong. The mother could not bear to be without her daughter.
Your grandparents were so close that when one died the other could not go on. It is like they had become a part on each other and so were not complete when the other was gone.

I have heard stories like the one about your dad visiting your mother. I had an older friend who had a bad heart attack. One of the times when I visited he said his sister had come to see him. She had been dead for two years. That is when I knew he was dying. He was gone weeks after that. If anyone could come back and visit it would be his sister. She let him come to her in his own time, but, it wasn't long.
Catherine

I'm a little late and I don't have pictures of everyone but here is what I do have.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOqthaVBR7-/
Me and Mia
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOqtlu9BUa4/
Just Molly

Don't have a picture of Buddy for some reason. Geckos don't typically get pictures and the snakes were at Kasey's house.
Merry Christmas!