Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angel From the Streets
Not that it really matters....But just for the record, the "Peter" mentioned in the book is not me! (Or more grammatically, is not I!).
HAHA! No he is not you Smiley4
He was an old good friend, who passed away February 2011. That was his real name. I use some real names in the book, and some I swapped.
Congratulations! wow that's awesome. I'll have to get in on my tablet. It might be a while before I read it though. I have such a long list off books to read. over 10 books plus some some manga
I think we all deserve a reading break so we can catch up on all the books we want to read.Smiley4375
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I haven't read a book in ages. I guess that was probably because I was writing since July. But now all I seem to want to do is watch videos....building survival shelters in Montana.....and all those doggy Disney films....Grizzly Adams (though there are no dogs in that)...the Incredible Journey....White Fang....etc
Read a book Tobi! Why not?
Quote:I haven't read a book in ages. I guess that was probably because I was writing since July. But now all I seem to want to do is watch videos....building survival shelters in Montana.....and all those doggy Disney films....Grizzly Adams (though there are no dogs in that)...the Incredible Journey....White Fang....etc
Read a book Tobi! Why not?

I have been so busy setting up the Forum again that I have not had time to read much. I spent hours each night on the phone with tech support as they talked me through each stage of rebuilding.
I guess I can relax and read a little again. Things seem to be going smoothly.

You must have put a lot of time and energy into writing. I have had a number of friends write books and it is quite an undertaking. I don't blame you for watching videos. Sometimes you just want to be entertained. I have a couple of favourite movies that I rewatch. Have you watched Marlie and Me. It is a happy sad somewhat crazy dog movie.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(01-03-2014, 07:00 AM)Tobi Wrote: I have just been invited to do a radio show, for Beyond50Radio.com
About Misty, the book, and our story. 42
I had to think about it but don't think Misty would mind.
I don't know any more info yet or what's going to happen, when the show will be, etc, but will keep you all posted...
Can you update us about the radio show, Tobi? I just "refound" this thread after checking who was online, and seeing that someone was printing out this thread.
Oh how weird...I was thinking about this the other day. And how strange someone was printing it out!

What happened was this...I received an invitation on New Year's Day 2014 to do a radio interview for Beyond50Radio in Portland Oregon, directly by the radio presenter there (Daniel Davis) I had commented on a You tube interview on Beyond50 the night before, about a book/video where a mother has after death contacts with her son.
And the next day he contacted me via my Google page, asking if I was interested, and whenever I was ready, to contact their office via the website. He even gave me the exact email address for that which I checked on the Beyond50 site.

I know it WAS him, as the You Tube comments are highlighted in blue if it is the 'original poster' of a video, and it had his avatar picture.

So I did that. I wrote a very brief but friendly email, mentioning Mr Davis's invitation, outlining my 'subject matter' (the book and after-death contacts with my dog) and giving better contact detail (email only) for them to get back to me....
And never heard another thing!

I probably should have nagged...but that's not my style.
You could try tweeting him (or sending a tweet message) or maybe he is on Facebook (Facebook message)? Perhaps some clerk at Beyond50 didn't read the message carefully.
Yes I should do that. It's quite a while ago now, and I'd sort of forgotten about it (except thought of it in passing a couple of days ago) Maybe I should. There are many people grieving for their animals, and some don't even know that they are okay where they go, and that there IS an afterlife for them. Maybe I could be some use.