Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman filmed abusing dog on the subway.
The full video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbrZfi83iNA

This woman looks mentally ill to me and should be banned from having pets for a long while and needs treatment urgently. A long term pet ban is more important (IMHO) than a fine. But arrest is good, as it means a court will get to decide how best to deal with this woman.
She is clearly not alright. There are a lot of mentally ill people in the city.  She needs help and the dog needs to be safe. I hope they can help her. The important thing is banning her from owning pets. They is no way she could pay a fine. I doubt she has any money.

Whatever happens to this woman, the whole incident sends a message to others about how they treat animals. People are watching and even recording and something will be done. 

Action was taken right away. The train was being held in the station. They don't stop that long, they were waiting for the police to arrive.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

The woman is obviously disturbed and unwell mentally. I am sorry and hope she recovers. But the little dog needed immediate help to be taken away from that situation.
Most likely she is on medication that isn't really working. She won't get much help in other ways. There are a  lot of people wandering around who are not well and we have no idea how to help them get well. There are a lot of homeless people who are not well. Many of the mentally ill have pets and are good to them. Many homeless people have pets and are good to them. 

This is a different situation.
Something had to be done to help the dog. The incident couldn't be ignored. Also we know what to do to help the dog. I don't think we know what to do to help the woman.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine