Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sewing for Barrie
The blankets do wash well and they are thick enough to be soft for him. He loves the small extra blanket because he can burrow in it.   He used to burrow in his ground up bark bedding, but it always made his eyes sore. Now he sleeps nicely hidden, but still clean.  
I understand that Barrie had a history of infections before he came to live with me. I talked to someone who knew Barrie when he was younger. She was glad I had him because he did poorly with the people who had him. I know he had an abscessed leg, infected mouth and infected eyes when I brought him home. I have worked with him to keep him clean and heal everything. He also wouldn't eat properly. 
Now he is healed and now he eats. I am sure there is a connection.

It was a struggle to keep him clean. Now with his new blankets everything washes and he always sleeps on a clean bed that doesn't irritate his skin. I agree, the colours are beautiful. They suit Barrie's black and white colouring very well.
As he gets older I can always make the blankets thicker if he seems to need more padding.  So finally in his life Barrie is healthy and happy. He is such a sweet lizard and I know he feels better. I am so glad I brought him home. Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Sewing for Barrie - by Catherine - 11-07-2017, 02:44 PM
RE: Sewing for Barrie - by Tobi - 11-08-2017, 10:40 AM
RE: Sewing for Barrie - by Catherine - 11-08-2017, 02:09 PM
RE: Sewing for Barrie - by Tobi - 11-09-2017, 10:24 AM
RE: Sewing for Barrie - by Catherine - 11-09-2017, 04:11 PM
RE: Sewing for Barrie - by Tobi - 11-10-2017, 03:15 AM
RE: Sewing for Barrie - by Catherine - 11-10-2017, 03:33 PM
RE: Sewing for Barrie - by Catherine - 11-11-2017, 04:15 PM