Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Me -covered with fur!
Haha! I really do not know...(one day I probably will) -but I would be very much at ease with the idea that I was not a human before, and may have lived as another species...or even as another planetary Being....
Gosh! Who knows?

But that article you directed me to Catherine, does explain a lot in more practical Earthly terms. If we ALL have fur in the womb, and t mostly disappears before we are born, then I suppose some slowcoaches (like me) couldn't be bothered to 'shed' before they came out.
No.....I have a feeling it was because it was cold -up on the top of that hill in the North of England, where I was born! LOL

Our first family dog was a terrier/Border Collie cross. A gentle and friendly black-and-white girl, with medium length hair. Trixie, we called her.
It can't be the cold. Canadian babies usually lose their hair before birth.
Maybe even as an unborn baby you were comfortable with being a member of the animal family. You are at peace with being part of nature and that in itself is a big step spiritually.

I think unconditional love for others has to flow from being at peace with oneself. That is why dogs and other animals are so much better at love than we humans. Dogs seem to be comfortable with being who they are. Actually dogs are very unselfconscious and very well adjusted. If you could live like a dog in your heart, life would be good.
Dogs love those around them and enjoy the life the have.

Trixie sounds like a sweetheart. She must have been very pretty.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes indeed. Animals are on their own spiritual evolutionary path.
There is not a direct correlation with the human spiritual evolutionary path. Just as with humans, there are those who in spiritual terms are degenerates and wastrels, and there are those who are saintly and visionary.
Likewise with the animals there are those who are at, what you might call, a primeval level and those who have reached a stage of pure and selfless love.

The great thing about positive association with animals is that it affords them individuality which they retain after death, and they learn from their human - values and qualities. And also there is the opportunity for them to express love and to grow in the spirit of love.
Overall, the association - as long as it is positive - helps the animal immeasurably in spiritual terms.

And of course, the human should also learn from the animal. They should grow in compassion and develop a broader outlook and understanding on life and the myriad of other species we share this beautiful planet with.
Heart It is our deeds, the accumulated acts of goodness and kindness that define us and ultimately are the true measure of our worth. Service is the coin of the spirit.Heart

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
You are right, dogs need to grow spiritually as much as humans. I think we help each other to grow. When a dog lives with people and loves unconditionally he grows. When people live with pets, especially dogs, they grow. We may not be on the same path, but we seem to be able to help each other.

Not all people and animals have grown spiritually. Some are not open to it and some choose to go in a negative direction. I think for all of us having the time to grow and reach our full potential is something we should cherish. Time is our friend since growth takes time. Nature never does anything quickly. It is always slow and steady wins the race.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine